Environment & Resource Management|
Grade 12 College or University Preparation
Using Natural Resources
- Using Natural Resources Slideshow
- Using Natural Resources Handouts
- Burn, Baby, Burn
- Burning Fossil Fuels
- Fuel Efficiency of Vehicles
- Heat & Electricity
- Future Power
- Sources of Energy Comparison
- Source of Energy Comparison Diagrams
- Impacts of Burning Fossil Fuels
- PowerPoint Presentation Project
- In Understanding Our Environment, use Chapter 6 on "Air" as a resource to answer questions 1, 2, and 4 of "Looking Back", questions 3 and 4 of "Applying Your Knowledge", and question 1 of "Extending Your Thinking" on page 88. On the same copy blank world map used for question 3 in "Applying Your Knowledge", copy the Estimated World Distribution of Acid Rain in the Late 1970s map on page 74.
- Overfishing Overview
- Ecosystem Overfishing
- The Turbot War
- United Nations Fisheries Agreement
- Northwest Atlantic Fisheries Organization
- In Understanding Our Environment, read pages 110-112 and answer question 7 of "Looking Back" on page 113.
- Open Pit Mining
- Open Pit Mining Overview
- In Understanding Our Environment, read pages 130-133 and answer question 9 of "Applying Your Knowledge" on page 134.
- Who Will Speak for the Trees?