Environment & Resource Management|
Grade 12 College or University Preparation
Humans Affecting the Environment
- Humans Affecting the Environment Slideshow
- Humans Affecting the Environment Handouts
- Changing the Landscape
- Methods of Harvesting Forests
- Pipeline Construction
- Effect of Chemicals
- "Chemicals Harming Arctic Animals WWF says"
- "Environmental Costs of Garden Chemicals"
- Purposeful Weather Modification
- Types of Land Uses
- Urbanization Overview
- Urban Planning Process
- A member of the planning department from the local government office (or the teacher, if unavailable) will present some basic information about the urban planning process. Answer the questions on The Urban Planning Process attached as you follow along with the discussion. The planner (or the teacher) will use a case study of a local subdivision under construction to illustrate what the local government is trying to achieve through the planning process.
- Excerpts from the Town of Ajax Official Plan
- Questions Based on the Excerpts from the Town of Ajax Official Plan
- Town of Whitby Official Plan Map
- Zoning By-law Example
- Olde Winchester Community Features
- Olde Winchester Subdivision Site Plan
- Residential Property Survey
- The "Brooklin Estate" Artist's Concept
- The "Brooklin Estate" Floor Plan
- Sample Purchase & Sale Agreement
- In Understanding Our Environment, read pages 8-9 and answer question 4 of "Looking Back", questions 3 and 6 of "Applying Your Knowledge" on page 29. In addition, read page 133 and answer question 1 of "Applying Your Knowledge" on page 133.
- In Understanding Our Environment, read Chapter 12 on "Rural Management and Conservation" and answer questions 1 and 4 of "Looking Back" and questions 3 and 6 of "Applying Your Knowledge" on page 199.
- In Understanding Our Environment, read Chapter 13 on "Urban Management" and answer questions 1 2, and 4 of "Looking Back", questions 1, 3, and 5 of "Applying Your Knowledge", and question 5 of "Extending Your Thinking" on pages 211 & 212.
- In Understanding Our Environment, read Chapters 12 and 13 and answer question 1 of "Extending Your Thinking" on page 212.
- You're a Town Planner! Assignment