Geography of Canada|
Grade 9 Applied
- Water Slideshow
- Water Handouts
- Water, Water Everywhere…
- How Much Water Do You Use?
- Water Use in Durham
- Read together the Water – An Abundant Resource? handout.
- In Geography Now, read pages 127 & 128 and answer questions 10 and 11 on page 129. In addition, copy Figure 12.11 on page 128 into your notes.
- Water Facts
- Complete the Hydrologic Cycle worksheet.
- Work through together the Drainage Basins of North America handout by drawing on the boundaries and names of the drainage basins as well as the major rivers in each.
- The Water System
- In small groups, SILENTLY complete the River Puzzle activity.
- Water Misuse in Canada
- Read together the What is Being Done to Protect Our Water? handout and brainstorm ways that you can protect our water.
- Read the Selling Canada’s Water handout for homework – highlight key phrases and/or write a one paragraph summary of the article.