Geography of Canada|
Grade 9 Applied
Urban and Rural Landscapes
- Urban & Rural Landscapes Slideshow
- Urban & Rural Landscapes Handouts
- Provinces and Territories
- How does living in southern Ontario compare with living in one of Canada’s northern territories? Read the Transplanted in the North article attached, and complete the calculations that follow it.
- Complete the Provinces and Territories organizer attached, using the internet to supplement what you already know.
- Write a letter to a pen pal at a high school in one of Canada’s territories. Describe what it is like living in southern Ontario and ask them what it is like living in one of Canada’s northern territories.
- Where Do You Want to Live?
- What is unique about living in an urban environment? What is unique about living in a rural environment? What is the same about living in either environment? Complete the Urban and Rural Living Venn diagram attached.
- There has been significant movement of people in Canada between urban and rural areas over time. Where and why are people moving within Canada? Read the Urban and Rural Interactions handout attached.
- In Geography Now, read pages 89-94 and answer questions 8 and 9 on page 90 and questions 15 and 16 on page 94.
- What are the good things about living in an urban environment? What are the good things about living in a rural environment? Where do you want to live? Complete the Urban and Rural Living organizer attached, and be sure to justify your decision by explaining the good things about your choice.