Geography of Canada|
Grade 9 Applied
Interdependence of Nations
- Interdependence of Nations Slideshow
- Interdependence of Nations Handouts
- Take note of the various definitions on the Trade Terminology handout.
- In Geography Now, read pages 209-217 and answer questions 1 and 2 on page 209, questions 3 and 4 on page 213, and questions 6 and 7 on page 215.
- Take notes on Canada’s Trading Partners, what we trade with them, and the value of our trade with them.
- Take notes on the various International Trade Organizations that encourage and regulate trade amongst countries.
- Take notes on Fair Trade, and complete the Fair Trade exercise using your favourite chocolate bar.
- Take notes on Globalization, respond to the Globalization Quotes, and highlight the key phrases in the Globalization Reading.
- Take notes on Transnational Corporations and complete the Transnational Corporation Simulation that follows it.
- Child Labour
- Take notes on Child Labour and the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Read the emails printed in the Village Voice under the heading “Making Nike Sweat” and respond to the questions that follow them.
- Complete the Behind the Label worksheet, using your own clothes and the table of information from the book No Logo provided.