Geography of Canada|
Grade 9 Applied
Geography and Technology
- Geography & Technology Slideshow
- Geography & Technology Handouts
- Take notes on the basics of Geographic Information Systems.
- GIS Exercise Using ArcView: Climate
- For more background information about GIS, check out the What is GIS? section of GIS.com.
- To check out GIS in action, check out Google Earth.
- Take notes on the basics of the Global Positioning System.
- For more background information about GPS, check out the What is GPS? section of garmin.com.
- When the equipment becomes available, your teacher will lead you through some GIS and GPS exercises, using the same technology that is used in the real world.
- GIS Quick Start Instructions
- In Geography Now, check out the “GeoTechnology” features on pages 26, 52, 67, 96, 138, 223, 235, and 251.