Geography of Canada|
Grade 9 Applied
- Comparing Countries Slideshow
- Comparing Countries Handouts
- World Map
- Label the countries listed on the Where in the World?! handout on an outline map of the world. Then, identify the major world events that have happened recently in the countries with spaces provided.
- Population Pyramids
- Take notes on Population Pyramids, the Three Shapes of Population Pyramids, and Population Pyramids Canada handouts.
- Complete the Investigating Population Pyramids worksheet, using the website links provided:
- Country Snapshots
- Complete the Country Snapshots research assignment, using any resources available to you.
- Improving Quality of Life
- In Geography Now, read pages 200-207 and answer questions 1 and 2 on page 201, questions 4 and 5 on page 203, and question 10 on page 208.
- Identify the roles certain individuals have played as part of their contributions to Improving Quality of Life. Then, choose one of those individuals and write a half-page summary of their lives so far (all but the first two are still living).
- Brainstorm all the ways YOU can improve someone’s quality of life at home, in the community, across the country, and around the world. Then, look at the list of 101 ways Youth Can Change the World, and highlight all of things that you could easily do.
- How will new technologies improve the quality of life for Canadians in the future? Write a journal entry that you might make 25 years from now that explains how new inventions (e.g. communications technology or renewable energy technology) has improved our lives (e.g. working conditions, air and water quality, education, and transportation). Be creative with your own examples.